Avanath takes an opportunistic approach to sourcing investments
within the affordable multifamily housing, urban real estate, and
commercial/multifamily mortgage sectors.
Avanath seeks investment opportunities in sectors that are historically under served by institutional capital. We are currently pursuing investments in the affordable multifamily housing sector, specifically targeting apartment communities that (1) were developed under the Low Income Housing Tax Credit ("LIHTC") program, (2) were developed using tax-exempt bonds, and (3) are subject to project-based, Section 8 Housing Assistance Program ("HAP") contracts. Avanath can execute these transactions as outright acquisitions, joint ventures, or through debt investment structures.
The key objectives of our investment strategy are as follows:
- Build durable current cash flow and income for our investors
- Build long term value that provides an attractive risk-adjusted return to our investors
- Maintain long term affordability in our apartment communities
- Enhance the experience of our residents by building community services
- Implement cost effective measures to maintain long term sustainability